I read somewhere today that in the interest of keeping your mind positive, you should list three good things about your life each day. So I've started this, somewhat private (meaning that I'm not going to link to it anywhere...but you're certainly welcome to come and read it) blog for that purpose. Every day I will try to list three good things about my life that day, or about my life in general.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Books and Puppies

1. My friend Toni Bernhard's new book, "How to Be Sick." While I am not myself sick at the moment, this book, which I just received and am now reading, is such a positive, joyous look at how to live life, even in the face of overwhelming odds that it is my #1 good thing today. I have sent a copy of this book to my cousin, who is dealing with chronic illness and am hoping that it will help her have a better outlook.

2. Shiloh. We traded our foster dog, Bella, for our previous foster dog, Shiloh, who fits in here so much better than Bella did. Both are lovely dogs, but it's nice to have Shiloh back. We only let him go because he had surgery and needed to be kept quiet and around here that was proving to be impossible, so for his recovery, we asked that he be moved. But he's now able to get around and can run with the other dogs, so he's back. It's such a joy to watch him playing with Polly and Buttercup.

3. Puppy Breath. Our foster puppy, Buttercup (Bella's daughter), is still young enough to have "puppy breath." Now that she is weaned and on solid food, I know that this will soon disappear and she will have "dog breath," but the nicest times are often when you have puppy breath to sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment